We only sell products we know about and believe in.
Trade prices on all products, recently manufactured and in stock.
Clear despatch times and next day delivery to most of the UK.
We supply data sheets and application guides with every order.
Jotun Hardtop Optima is a two-pack isocyanate-free polysiloxane topcoat with outstanding gloss and colour retention. It is available in a wide range of colours and in various pack sizes.
Hardtop Optima should be applied over a suitable epoxy primer where a durable high grade finish is required in an aggressive atmospheric environment.
Advantages of Hardtop Optima:
* Isocyanate free, so fewer health issues during application
* Good brush and roller characteristics - much easier to keep a wet edge than with 2 pack polyurethanes
* Excellent gloss retention
* Excellent colour stability
* Very good abrasion resistance
* High volume solids results in a thick coating AND good coverage
* Long pot life once mixed - typically 50% longer than with polyurethanes
If thinners are to be used, either Thinners 7 (xylene) or Thinners 17 (epoxy) may be used. We recommend Thinners 17 (epoxy) as it has a slower rate of evaporation, which improves the wet edge characteristics of the paint.
Available in 5 litre
|Application method:||Airless spray, brush recommended for stripe coating & small areas, care must be taken to achieve the desired dry film thickness.|
|Number of coats recommended:||2|
|Coverage:||8 sq metres per litre|
|Drying time @ 23°C:||Through dry in 4 hours|
|Thinner:||Jotun Thinners No 7 or 17|
|Water resistance:||Very good|
|Chemical resistance:||Very good|
|Abrasion resistance:||Very good|
Choose colour first. Any size options will then be available.